Vistas of two mavericks

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Dawn of a long day...

I was rather late to notice the parallelisms between Abhilash and myself. Though we were classmates for 5 long years, I realised that our brains resonated perfectly in unison only after coming here, to Chennai. It was probably because of the infinite number of new faces I came across, and the absence of people who think alike. Though I have many friends now, who share some of my views, no one has come close to matching the degree of chirality between Abhi and me.
It was one incident that influnced me in a drastic way, so as to change my long term vision - a lecture by N R Narayana Murhty, on "How to be a good citizen?", which was aimed at sowing a seed of entrepreneurship in the minds of the youth, and it hit the nail on the head. I decided that Entrepreneurship was for me to embrace. The same night, I concluded that if I talked to someone on this, it had to be Abhi. I was so indulged in thinking about all these things that I could hardly sleep, and ended up going 15 minutes late to the test I had the next day!
So, what followed in december, as Abhi has elaborated, was on top priority in the list of Do's for the winter vacation.
However, this blog is a new concept, not actually planned. Born out of a discussion on "Takeaways from Swades", blogged by Abhi, which both of us enjoyed.
We believe we can achieve the goal set by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam by 2020. We hope to bring out various issues related to Entrepreneurship and be cogent enough to convince people to join us in the path less travelled...

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Muralidhar, at 9:12 AM  

  • Hey R and Abhi,
    Real inspirational stuff guys!
    I remember Narayanamurthy saying that this is a golden time in the journey of nation India. It certainly looks like things are going to change bigtime for our beloved nation in the next decades. With guys like you envisioning a future, what can be more thrilling?! We need guys like u at the helm.

    "BeLeyuva pairu mOLakeyalli". I wish u all luck and success.

    Ya, we want more Murthys from Mysore!

    By Blogger Muralidhar, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home